This Web Accessible Folder (WAF) is an HTTP accessible directory of metadata files in XML format in which all files are visible to a web browser or client. Crawlers are able to parse the file listings and provide a search interface on these documents.
Improve your data-usage efficiency with Web Services!
Web Services are the core of the metadata discovery, data delivery, and mapping capabilities of INSIDE Idaho and other data providers across the state. These services are based upon Open Standards defined by the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC).
Advantages of Web Services:
- Allow for the efficient processing of geospatial data into deliverable data and maps.
- Provide direct access to Idaho data and map products without having to download individual data files.
- Broadly supported by a large number of products, including desktop GIS systems.
Metadata Web Services that INSIDE Supports:
Data Web Services that INSIDE Supports:
- ArcGIS Server (SOAP/REST)
- OGC Web Map Service (WMS)
- OGC Web Feature Service (WFS)
- OGC Web Coverage Service (WCS)
- OGC Keyhole Markup Language (KML)
- Web Accessible Folder (WAF)
- Open-source Project for a Network Data Access Protocol (OPeNDAP)
Give it a try!
- The most widely used OGC service is WMS, which delivers georeferenced map images through HTTP calls.
- For help on using WMS services in ArcMap, see Adding a WMS service layer to ArcMap in the ArcGIS Desktop Help.
- ArcGIS Desktop users can connect to INSIDE Idaho ArcGIS Server services at: http://cloud.insideidaho.org/arcgis/services
• In ArcGIS, click the Add Data button, double-click "Add ArcGIS Server", and when prompted enter the above URL.
- Also, you can visit our ArcGIS Service Directory at: http://cloud.insideidaho.org/ArcGIS/rest/services
If you need assistance, please contact Bruce Godfrey (email@example.com).
Metadata Web Services
Data Web Services
The ArcGIS Server REST API provides a simple, powerful, and open Web interface to GIS Services hosted by ArcGIS Server. It's easy to program against GIS Services using the REST interface. All resources and operations exposed by the REST API are accessible through a URL for each GIS service published with ArcGIS Server.
• View INSIDE's ArcGIS Service Directory
KML is a file format used to display geographic data in an Earth browser, such as Google Earth and Google Maps.
You can create KML files to pinpoint locations, add image overlays, and deliver rich geographic information via georeferenced HTML.
• Learn more about KML
This Web Accessible Folder (WAF) is an HTTP accessible directory of data files in various formats in which all files are visible to a web browser or client.
• Visit INSIDE's Web Accessible Folder (WAF) for data.
Wget — An Alternative Bulk Data Download Option
OPeNDAP is a framework that simplifies all aspects of scientific data networking. OPeNDAP provides software which makes local data accessible to remote locations regardless of local storage format. OPeNDAP also provides tools for transforming existing applications into OPeNDAP clients (i.e., enabling them to remotely access OPeNDAP served data). Learn more about OPeNDAP.
• OPeNDAP server: http://thredds.northwestknowledge.net:8080/thredds/catalog.html